Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Surprise Party

Had to spend 4 hours in town yesterday while waiting for TDQ to get off of work. While I don't mind waiting too much, FL went with us and I had to try to keep her occupied for 4 hours. Tried going to the library, but it closed 1 hour after we got there. Went to the park, but left after 30 minutes due to thunderstorm warnings. Tried Burger King next, hoping they still had an indoor playground. While I waited in line, FL informed me that there was a closed sign on the playground. (You know she can read now. Nothing is safe anymore.) I asked the cashier about it and she said there was a birthday party, but we were ok to go in and play anyways. After 15 minutes or so, the birthday girl's Grandma came up to me and asked if FL could join their festivities, including a kids meal and cake. I said thank you but no, (how do you politely say no to that, being from a stranger and all???) Grandma insisted, and that is how FL got her surprise party at BK. As FL said, "The party was a surprise for the girl and a surprise to me too!"