Saturday, June 26, 2010
Monday, June 14, 2010
Saturday, June 12, 2010
First really hot summer day today, I think it reached about 85 degrees, but the humidity was almost 70 percent. I tried to get some work done around the house, but finally gave up and sat under the ceiling fan. I ended up putting ice bottles in the rabbits' pens to keep them cool and even put a fan on for the bunnies that are temporarily on the back porch. The chickens seemed to be ok, so I just put fresh water out for them. FL played in the neighbor's little pool but CBS decided to mow the lawn. At least he did it in spurts and took all day to do it. By evening, the house was so hot, hubby didn't even mind that the kids watched Toy Story 2 during his normal tv time! When it's hot, it's always hard to figure out what to make for supper (that everyone agrees on) so I took the wimpy way out and made frozen pizzas. I used the toaster oven instead of the big oven to keep the heat down. I should move the toaster oven to the porch in the summer, but I haven't yet. Well, what I really should do is make a solar oven, which I have plans for, but I haven't found the time for that either.
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
FL isn't the only funny one in our family.Here are some funnies from others, I will try not to name them directly, so no embarrassment will ensue.
- our toilet seat broke and someone was being very sweet and offered to install the new seat. Impressed, I left them to work on it alone. Seconds later, a voice from the bathroom called out,"Mom, could you bring me the scissors?"
- the kids were trying to sneak in one more snack right before bed. I yelled at the kids again to get in bed. One kid said," But he is distracting me with cheese puffs!" I said, "Stop eating those!" Another kid piped up,"I can't help it, they are just so full of cheesy goodness!"
- as I was pulling some bread out of the oven, the smell was drawing in a crowd. One kid wanted to know if we had any taco meat in the frig. when I asked why, he said he was going to make a "taco sandwich" out of the fresh bread. I think that was the closest to a compliment I got that day.
- a certain person wanted to wear a certain shirt that hadn't made it to the dryer yet. So this certain person drove with the shirt hanging out of the window for about 15 miles. After 9 years in this state, I think we can officially say we are now rednecks.
- one kid was playing the Indiana Jones Wii game. FL said "Hey! What are you (meaning the Indy character)doing in a bar?" the first kid says, "I'm sorry, I have problems you know."
Labels: Quotes from FL