Saturday, June 12, 2010

Hot!

First really hot summer day today, I think it reached about 85 degrees, but the humidity was almost 70 percent. I tried to get some work done around the house, but finally gave up and sat under the ceiling fan. I ended up putting ice bottles in the rabbits' pens to keep them cool and even put a fan on for the bunnies that are  temporarily on the back porch.  The chickens seemed to be ok, so I just put fresh water out for them. FL played in the neighbor's little pool but CBS decided to mow the lawn. At least he did it in spurts and took all day to do it. By evening, the house was so hot, hubby didn't even mind that the kids watched Toy Story 2 during his normal tv time! When it's hot, it's always hard to figure out what to make for supper (that everyone agrees on) so I took the wimpy way out and made frozen pizzas. I used the toaster oven instead of the big oven to keep the heat down. I should move the toaster oven to the porch in the summer, but I haven't yet. Well, what I really should do is make a solar oven, which I have plans for, but I haven't found the time for that either.