Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Opening Day

You know it's close to opening day when you find wax worms in the frig, hip waders in the bathtub, and a tent in the living room.


No, we're not talking Detroit Tiger's Baseball. Yup, it's trout season again.


CBS camped out the night before, all by himself after his buddies backed out because of the "cold and rain." (Can you call teenaged boys wimps or is that not socially acceptable anymore?) CBS called me opening morning at 9:45 and asked me to come pick him up. "You're done already?" I asked. (While thinking about all the camping equipment we had just hauled out there the day before.)

"Yeah, It's not raining that bad, but I already caught my limit. And I figure why get more wet? There's plenty of days left to fish." Wow. Maybe he is growing up, thinking ahead. When I picked him up I found out he had run out of Mt. Dew.


I did see his 15 inch brown trout he caught. It was very impressive.