Sunday, January 16, 2011

Laser Eye Surgery

Although I wear glasses, I never felt the need to have laser eye surgery. First, I have a gag-reflex problem when it comes to touching my eyeballs, can't even watch someone else put their contacts in without turning my head. Besides, I always thought that I'd get my eyes fixed by The Perfect Doctor (God) when I get to heaven, that way I will have perfect assurance that my eyes won't get messed up in surgery.

Second reason not to have surgery is the fact that I have kids. Kids that puke in the middle of the night. Kids that expect me to clean up that puke. If I don't wear my glasses for the initial cleaning period, I just don't see what no one wants to see anyways. I wonder if people who get laser eye surgery are ever warned that they might now see things they really don't want to see?