Monday, May 24, 2010

Lost: Please Help


After one very frusterating day, it dawned on me that "somebody" must have moved into our house without telling me they were coming. You know that "somebody," they must come to your house occasionally also, the kind of "somebody" that loses things, or takes things or non-chalantly borrows things without asking and then returns the items, but leaves them in very odd spots. If you see this person, could you ask him/her to please return the following items:



  • Flashlight batteries. not the whole flashlight mind you, just the batteries I put in there yesterday.

  • a large terracotta planter, you know, the size that could hold a small tree.

  • the old hot water heater, left in the driveway only one day after we installed a new one.(I really don't want it back, I just wonder who came on my property and took it)

  • the real, but very dead Christmas tree we left on the front porch (wait, I don't want that back either)

  • one out of a pair of very nice coffee mugs( blue and white striped if anyone wants to know)

  • about a dozen bags of chocolate chips, most of which went missing at the same time

  • numerous socks without their mates

  • whole clump of purple echinacea from the garden (see photo above)

  • a blue and grey striped lawn chair

  • homework that was "done" but "someone" must have stolen it

  • pens, pencils, backpacks, school shoes, also "stolen" by "somebody" (I am beginning to think this "somebody" really likes school)

Also, if you come across "somebody," you could tell him/her that I have found the following items and don't have a clue where they came from and need them removed from the premises immediately:



  • a small film camera found under the living room couch

  • a small molar-sized tooth found in the ceramic bowl I keep my car keys in

  • numerous PAIRS of socks found in the washer that don't fit any of my kids

  • miles of computer power cords found in a dresser drawer, file cabinet, closets, and hallways (and the attic??!!)

  • large pile of what looked like chewed up peanut butter bagel on the kitchen floor at 7 in the morning, that the kids just HAD to wake me up for.


  • teenaged bad attitudes


  • not just one, but two bikes. Did someone ride them here and then just walk home?

  • a whole bowl of cereal dumped into the sink on top of dirty dishes. hmmm. guess who has to clean that up? I vote for "somebody"