Thursday, July 21, 2011

Little Outdoorsman

Our neighbor boy, Little Outdoorsman, is three years old and all boy. Except when he is playing kitchen, but that involves him "cooking" on his grill, so I guess that still is a guy thing. He came over this week and we got out all the boy toys we still have left over from CGS's little boy stage and wouldn't you know it, Little Outdoorsman didn't really play with them. He found D's hunting magazines and sat down to pick out guns. He found one for himself and another for FL. And then he had a little discussion with himself about which deer he thought was the best in the magazine. All boy I tell you, all boy.




That is until FL let him use her chalk on the sidewalk. After some intensive drawing, he declared it was time to play. . . .Hopscotch.


I laughed at the thought of his dad seeing him play a girl's game, so I asked LO who taught him to play hopscotch. LO said, "My Daddy!"


Laughing some more at that thought, FL and I started to play hopscotch with him. Guess what, I lost. Because I didn't play by the "rules."


Boy Hopscotch involves flexing your muscles and thumping your chest before hopping you know. I didn't know that, so I lost.


All boy, I tell you, all boy.