Monday, February 28, 2011

We have a Way with Words

I was always proud of the fact that my kids can use large words correctly, at such a young age. One of my favorites is when a three year old says, "MOM, he/she is aggravating me!" I think all my kids managed to use that same phrase, all at about the same age. Here are some things my kids have said recently, although not all are so correctly used.

"You know, eyes that stare into your soul." (wow, that one is deep)

"Remember the time when we ate bells?" (Ding Dongs)

Fast-forward it back (rewind)

blow it back down (deflate, as in a balloon or Christmas yard ornament)

"I always wondered how Superman could be in space if he doesn't have a space suit." (I know, not really a play on words, but still thought provoking!)

hyperventing (hyperventilating)

Micks-donalds instead of McDonalds (what? are we from Australia?)

Gi-normous (not enormous) "I was writing a story and made a gi-normous story, it had about 15 words."

evaporate instead of evacuate "We evaporated the room during the fire drill." (I wish I could have seen the teacher's face after that!)